The name for the future new park in Eastern Hanover County is official. The park will be named Elton Wade Sr. Park at Cold Harbor. It was unanimously voted on at the March 14th Board of Supervisors meeting. The Board fondly reflected on all the contributions Mr. Wade made in Hanover County and how appropriate the naming is. The park construction is scheduled to begin in FY 2019.
Resource International was selected by Hanover County Parks and Recreation to provide planning, survey, landscape, infrastructure, environmental and site design services for the new 55-acre park in Eastern Hanover off Cold Harbor Road. Stay tuned for further updates as the name of the park is determined and construction begins.
2018 is off to a great start for Resource International. We are pleased to announce our renewed Contract with Virginia American Water (VAW) and the authorization of 7 new pre-construction projects in Alexandria, Virginia. Resource has partnered with VAW since 2007 and we look forward our continued success together.
Resource is pleased to welcome Stephen Anstine to the Environmental Team as Senior Hydrogeologist. Stephen has 10 years of experience in geology/hydrogeology and before joining Resource Stephen worked as a Hydrogeologist for AECOM in Orlando, Florida. We are excited to have Stephen join the Resource family and welcome the expertise he brings to the team.
In line with the Resource Corporate Challenge of "Be the best, make it personal, NOW" Resource employees continue to rise to the occasion on a professional and personal level. From County winterization programs to school mentoring, for many years Resource employees have been involved in giving back to the communities in which they live and work. We are extremely proud of our employees and the impacts they make.
Below you will find a listing of some of the programs they are involved in:
- Hanover Safe Place
- Hanover's Adopt-a-Family Christmas Program
- CERT (Hanover's Citizens Emergency Response Team)
- Hanover County School Board
- Hanover County Chamber of Commerce
- Hanover Air Park Business Association
- Hanover Tavern Foundation
- Virginia School Board Association, President
- Mission Committee (Staples Mill Road Baptist Church)
- English Club (Staples Mill Road Baptist Church)
- Pathfinders, Director (Courthouse Road Church - Seventh-day Adventist)
- Habitat for Humanity
- Saint Andrews Society of Richmond
- Knights of Columbus
- King William Little League
- Women's Ministries (Cool Springs Baptist Church)
- Moments of Hope
- Independence Ruritan Club
- Men's Ministries (Fairmount Christian Church)
- Lee Davis High School NJROTC
- Church Council (Centenary United Methodist)